Gott’s Roadside Cheeseburger:
- 4 ea. fresh egg buns, or other (preferably local) fresh baked hamburger buns
- 2 T butter, melted
- 4 ea. 1/3 pound coarse ground beef patties, preferably 100% ground chuck, from a high quality natural or organic producer such as Niman Ranch (our preference)
- salt and pepper to taste - for burgers you should season very well.
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 8 slices American cheese
- 12 dill pickle chips
6 oz. secret sauce (recipe follows, well almost, it is a secret!)
- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1/2 cup sweet relish
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place patties on medium hot grill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Butter cut side of buns and toast in frying pan or on cooler area of grill.
- After 1 1/2 minutes, turn patties 90 degrees.
- Cook an additional 1 1/2 minutes, then flip patties.
- Top patties with two slices of American cheese, or other cheese of your choosing.
- Place buns on flat work surface.
- Cover each cut bun surface with 2 t secret sauce.
- Place lettuce on bottom bun.
- Place tomatoes, then pickles on top bun.
- When cheeseburgers are cooked to your liking (another 4 minutes for medium well) place on top of lettuce, close the bun, and enjoy!